The Home Economics Institute of Australia (WA Division) is a dynamic organisation drawn from members across the state and the profession. The WA Division is conduit to the National Institute which was established to:
- Provide a national focus for home economics and home economists.
- Promote public recognition of the role of home economists.
- Set professional standards for the practice of home economics and promote the professional standing of home economists.
- Encourage and assist home economists with continuing education and professional development.
- Encourage, initiate and coordinate research into areas related to home economics.
- Cooperate and affiliate with bodies at a state, national and international level.
- Concerned with the education and advocacy for families and households in their everyday living.
Becoming a member of HEIA is a membership to both the national and state bodies. Your membership enables you to access support and activities in WA as well as national benefits.